We are in the midst of a digital transformation across society that brings opportunities and challenges. What used to work isn’t good enough anymore in a world that is increasingly becoming digital.
Through my small company Transform.Health as a vehicle I operate at the intersection of Innovation & Strategy for boards, governments, corporates, and professionals via my role as Edge Fellow for the Deloitte Center for the Edge (Amsterdam, Melbourne and San Francisco) and Singularity University in Silicon Valley in the Netherlands as well as currently in the Nordics.
In my lectures and keynotes, masterclasses, TED-talks or brainstorms I am combining my knowledge and networks by always being challenging, sometimes being provocative but always staying techno-realistic. My goal is to prepare for a soft landing into the future, meanwhile creating sustainable global health(care) for all.
As one of the 105 initial LinkedIn Influencers over 800.000 people follow my blog, and in my latest book I describe what dramatic changes lie ahead for health and healthcare.
It is at the intersection of technology and (digital) patient empowerment where I feel most at home.
I am the former and founding director of the Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre REshape Center and advisor to the Board of Directors (2010-2018) and my prior experience in healthcare brought me on the forefront of health(care) innovation for the past 3 decades.
- A documentary about his work (2014) that aired on National TV “The patient in the lead” http://vimeo.com/96490030
- Dutch version tegenlicht.vpro.nl/afleveringen/2013-2014/de-patient-in-de-hoofdrol.html
- Interview The Guardian : http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/mar/04/bright-idea-engelen-healthcare-network
- Interview BBC : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17373614
- On TED.com http://www.ted.com/talks/lucien_engelen_crowdsource_your_health.html
- Linkedin INfluencer https://www.linkedin.com/today/influencer/19886490-Lucien-Engelen
Three decades of tangible experience in health(care) innovation, his incredible global network combined with his state-of-the-art graphics, humor, and thought-provoking vision will support the needed change in your organization.