A great article by Jackie Kimmell on how Apple is trying to help in the effort to get healthcare right. Partially based on the interview Jim Cramer a while ago had with Apple CEO Tim Cook when he posed “It will be about health.“.
Jackie points out to 5 notable efforts Apple has made or is making.
- Let patients connect their iPhones directly to their providers’ EHRs
- To help providers monitor their patients’ health in new ways
- To help researchers recruit hundreds of thousands of study participants—in a snap
- More users to monitor their health via Apple devices (and it’s convincing health insurers to foot the bill)
- To pioneer a wellness-based approach to employee health care
Have a look at the whole interview: